Monday, July 28, 2008

Cutting Back


For a little over a week, I've been going through my fabric stash and thinning it out. I did a lot of thinking about who I am as a quilter and how I quilt and came to a few conclusions. In short, I love a little bit of lots of fabric. I decided to keep just one fat quarter of each fabric I have and sell or donate all the rest. The picture above shows a tiny portion of the fabric I'm getting rid of.

Here is a minuscule portion of what I'm keeping.

Originally, I wanted to give it all away. This agrees with my personal abundance philosophy AND I dread the idea of doing either a garage sale or selling on Ebay or, well, whatever. But Pedro encouraged me (very strongly) to try selling it to attempt to recover some of the cost. So, that's where I am. My first sale on Ebay was very, very disappointing, but it's all in how you look at it. I now have $1.25 (minus 8% commission, minus Paypal fees) that I wouldn't if I gave it away.

No comments: