Monday, August 11, 2008

Eating Healthy


Apart from the fact that the phrase 'eating healthy' is bad grammar, it's what I'm trying to do. After seeing great results on a friend, I joined the local chapter of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) just before we left for Mexico. I had originally planned to wait until after we got back from vacation, and then I realized that I always lose weight while we're in Mexico (mostly because we walk a lot). So, my first week back at TOPS, I posted a 7 pound loss. Two weeks later, I was down a little over 10 pounds.

Sooooo, this week has been harder. We were out to dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, and I chose to eat junk some of those times. And then more junk yesterday (Coca-cola and pork rinds, yeah, I know). Today, I'm determined to get back on track. Which is why I just love this stuff - Great Grains Crunchy Pecans. It keeps me feeling full for a long time and has a wonderful nutty crunchy taste. And it was on sale at Publix, buy one get one free.

I'm really not trying to advertise for Post or KraftFoods, just wanted to share a great product, and keep myself honest about what I'm eating.

No comments: