Friday, September 12, 2008

Charm Squares


What's even better than new fabric? New fabric for FREE! Well, kinda sorta.

This morning was our monthly guild meeting (Rocket Quilters, Cocoa, Florida) and each month we swap 6" charm squares. This month's theme was Asian/Oriental fabrics. I had a yard of dark teal and gold Japanese-style print by Alexander Henry. The name on the selvage is "KOTOBUKI" which means Congratulations! The manufacture date on the fabric is 1997, so it's been sitting on my shelf for 10 years or more - time to get that baby circulated.

So, I cut 3/4 yard of my Kotobuki fabric into 6" squares and took them in to trade. I came home with all new (to me) 6" squares in a variety of colors and patterns and styles. So much fun! I also traded out 6 fat quarters from my "to sell" selection and brought home 'new' fat quarters. So much for getting rid of fabric.

I haven't posted any e-bay auctions for awhile. I want to get all the rest of the fabric cut up first, and then grouped by color. It will make it a lot easier to put together fat quarter bunces. Right now it's all piled willy-nilly in odds-and-ends boxes in the loft outside my sewing room.

1 comment:

lindathao1987 said...

wow!love the fabric. i was wounder where to find some fabric that style but lower price and still have some good quality to the fabric. i leave in Minnesota/ Minneapolis. or any web site that i can order from. thank