Monday, September 22, 2008

Keep Digging

I've decided to commit to a date to have my sewing room cleaned out and all my extra fabric ready for sale. However, I haven't told anyone of the date or published the date, so I've given myself some room to weasel out of it up until now. For the first time in print (drumroll, please) - Friday, October 17th.

I worked most of the weekend last night cutting, folding, stacking and sorting and managed to clear off all of one shelf. It's so discouraging. The only consolation is having the portable DVD player with me so I can watch movies while I work. And yes, I do get things done while I'm watching.

This weekend I saw the last 4 episodes of Season 1 of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer; Pretty Persuasion (a very, very dark and pessimistic movie which I didn't care for although I could tell it was well made, well-acted, blah, blah, blah); and Murderous Intent (originally released as Like Minds, which is a much better title). At least Buffy is optimistic, if a little silly. The other two movies were depressing. Hmmm, no wonder I'm in a pessimistic mood. Neither of the two movies will go into my "worth watching again" collection.

Sometimes I forget that I have kept back at least a 1/4 yards of each fabric for myself and I want to just put all the boxes back on the shelves and keep them. All the folded fabrics look so pretty lined up neatly in their boxes, folded to the exact same size and sorted by color. I love sorting by color. It soothes me.

No comments: