Friday, November 20, 2009

Waxing Philosophical


I had a TP emergency in the bathroom today. I'm one of those people who likes to have something to read while I'm in the bathroom and I was reading a book from the series "Conversations with God". This particular passage touched on the ideas of being One with God and the nature of how that appears in daily life. It also touched on the quote, "Ask and you shall receive." I set the book down and reached for the TP and there just wasn't enough there for my needs. I frantically looked back over my shoulder to see if an extra roll was on the tank and saw nothing. Since I was alone in the house, no one was going to come to my rescue.
The thought popped into my head, "Well, if I had total faith, a roll of toilet paper would just appear." A very facetious thought, that. I looked back over my shoulder one more time, and there it was - a new roll of toilet paper!
Now I'm assuming that the roll of toilet paper was there the whole time and, in my panic, I just didn't look back far enough to see it. But even so, aren't the smallest of miracles sometimes the most marvelous.

No comments: